Blogger Pages

Friday 4 November 2011

November spells Ecstacy

Happy November readers! :D

Come the month of November and my spirits instinctively soar. The fact that it is the month of my birth is surely not the only reason, though it is indeed a major reason behind all that extra excitement. I mean I don't know. Is it just me, or is November indeed the month of romance and joy? It seems as if love is in the air. Or again, maybe it's just me. Whatever it is, it feels lovely. And not even these ongoing mid-semester exams can mellow down my spirits.

I've long been in wait for this month to arrive. Because this year round, I have more reasons to rejoice than just the obvious one. Let me just give you a brief run down on what all I've been excited for.



1. More than obvious: My Twentieth
I was lucky enough to be born in the middle of November, right at the onset of the chilly Delhi winter, amid all the warm clothes and cosiness. I am not one to usually expect a lot from life, so all the love and beautiful surprises that I get from my friends and family on this particular day each year keep me smiling all year round. And that is why I love it all the more.

2. Kashmir!
It's Kashmir again mis amigos! I've so been longing to visit the place again, as I mentioned earlier in this post. And the wish has been granted! I'm in for a 4-day trip to the Valley in the second week of this month, right after my exams. Keep a tab on this space for more on the same. A travelogue to follow soon too!

3. New home
I'm shifting my residence, finally, for the first time in life. It isn't at all easy leaving your home of twenty years, the one where you've had all your memories in life, and suddenly shifting to a totally new place on the other side of the city. That too when the transition is from the congested but adorable West part of the city, to the open, posh and affable South of Delhi. It is nothing short of a potential culture shock. But somehow, I'm really excited. New and better environs, a quieter neighborhood and a change in lifestyle is all I needed to cheer me up in life. We shift by the end of this month.

4. Creative Writing Program
You all know how much I love writing and expressing myself in words. My closest friends are always admonishing me as to why I don't take my writing seriously. They keep encouraging me to write professionally, take this passion to the next level. And I don't know why, but I'm always reluctant. It is too much of a commitment, and I don't as yet find myself fully equipped for it. Then one day I found a seemingly good distance learning program on creative writing from a very reputed national university. And I knew as an instinct that I wanted to do this. Now the catch here is, I have to be at least twenty years of age to enroll myself for it. :P And SO! I've been waiting for this month with all the more excitement, as now I'll finally get to start with the program.

5. India International Trade Fair
I literally wait all year round for this 14-day international extravaganza held every year in Delhi to kick off. You will always find awesome food as well as great shopping stuff from all over India as well as many other countries there. And the spread of the area is so huge with so many options, that a single visit to the Trade Fair is never enough for me. Love being there, every single time. And the event begins every year with my birthday - isn't that a fun fact? :D

I just noticed how I've been going on and on about how excited I am because of the arrival of my favorite month of the year. But for the record, I must admit, of late I have really been happy with all spheres of my life. Things are beautiful on the personal front, and you can always, at any given time of the day, find a smile or a grin on my face. I haven't felt better in ages. Even exams and the pathetic state of my preparations cannot seem to bog me down. All the more reason for celebration, ain't it? I'm in love. With life and everything that comes with it. :)

If any of my writing-enthusiast readers wish to know more about the distance learning program on writing, feel free to contact me. I'll be more than happy to help. And tell me what you like about the month of November. Do you find it as lovely as I do? Any special events associated with it that you're waiting for? Tell me all. :)

4 comments:

  1. Feels nice when I read about some posts that align to what I have written or thought about.. check this http://thelubberwort.blogspot.com/2011/10/its-october.html, you will know!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Cartic
    I read the post. Felt great to read it. And yeah, could see the similar flow of thoughts! Thank you for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find the idea of a favorite month quite funny. Every month has something unique about it. Be it the onset of new year in January, the romantic February, autumn in March, end of semester in April (:P) and so on..
    Well, am sure about the more than obvious 20th and Kashmir. Apart from these I hope you got what you expected from November.
    What I like about November? The 14th day of the month. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Arun

    You find half the things in the world weird or funny. So no wonder. :P
    And well...the 14th sure is my favorite too. Yay! :D

    ReplyDelete