Blogger Pages

Thursday 7 February 2013

Birthday birthday, happy happy!

There are some people who have been part of your life for just too long. So long that you tend to take them for granted. Or forget to tell them how much they mean to you. It isn't everyday that you thank God for the big blessing that these people have been to you. And that's when you realize, birthdays are just the time to do this, and more!

It's 8th February today. A gem of a person came on to this earth years and years ago. And we met, what, some 7 odd years ago?

Now, many friends have strutted into my life, spent some really good times with me, and then just walked out of it with as much ease as they came. In these few years of existence I have seen just too many broken friendships and superficial relationships that if it were not for friends like him, I'd have lost faith in the whole institution called friendship. To an amazing guy, an extraordinary artist, a top notch photographer in the making, and one friend I'd really like to have for this life and beyond - wish you a very happy birthday, Harshit Vishwakarma!

Those were the times of Yahoo Messenger chats and Orkut. Ugh. Anyhow, technically we were classmates, but girls and guys in our mathematics class seldom ever talked. So the Internet's where we socialized. He was experimenting with Photoshop, and would show me his works every now and then. I, for my part, spent a majority of my time watching television (cartoons, so to say) and when I got bored of everything, would score centuries in exams. The latter part's how I'm sure he will remember me. :P

This is how we looked back then. Sweet and innocent, eh? Dehradun, circa 2010.

He and his iPod shuffle - they were like chuddy buddies - never found away from each other. I still recall some of the things we used to talk about. It was fun, whatever remains of it in our memories. He went for a Bachelor of Fine Arts after school while I went for Engineering (sigh), but instead of diverging, our paths brought us closer together. And in the last 4 years, we've spent some amazing birthdays (mine!) together having fun. He's always been a part of every birthday surprise I've got, or have given. Somewhere down the line, his awe-fkin-some camera also came into the picture, and my Facebook profile pictures have ever since been the talk of the entire web. Okay, not so much. But his uncanny eye for beauty brings out magic in the most mundane and random of things.


At more occasions that one, his photographs have made their way into my travel posts and reviews. He's just so good with the camera. Harshit, tu mera favorite hai, tujhe pata hai na? :D


And this is how we look now. Some change, that.

We've shared tastes in music, traveled together, seen some beautiful places, discussed art and food, been to each other's colleges, attended exhibitions, and never is there a dearth of things to talk about between us. Over time we've been meeting less, talking even lesser, yet I wish to let you know Harshit - you're one of the VERY FEW good friends I have, and have had for as long as I can go back in time. And I'd like us to remain that way for as long as we both can look into the future. You're not going anywhere man, hell no! :D

Well, I still have an important exam on Sunday to study for. So while I sign off from my first ever birthday dedication post - here's again wishing this wonderful guy a super awesome birthday, with loads of fun and surprises (I hope this counts as one) and profound success in the coming year. I know you're meant for higher things, Harshit. Much higher. Have always known. Would love to be a witness to your scaling those heights. Just remember, I've always got your back. Much, much love and best wishes. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment