Blogger Pages

Monday 19 September 2011

9 Loves of My Life

Time for the next confession post? Whoa. Well, here I am then, ready to share the nine loves of my life with you.


[Disclaimer: 'Loves' here do NOT imply romantic interests or alliances. Just to warn you not to let your expectations soar. :P]


1. Books. My first and last love. Ever since I learnt to make sense out of the written word, I've been a die-hard reader. When my peers were learning the alphabet, I started reading. When they moved to comics, I was onto the Hardy Boys and Nancy Drews. I guess you get the picture. Even today I always carry a book or an e-book with me wherever I go.

2. Movies. They always keep me hooked, even when sometimes books or TV tend to lose their charm. I watch a movie when I'm sad, happy, bored, or if there's an exam coming up and I wish to escape its preparation. In fact I just got off the laptop after watching one.

3. Hugh Grant - the one actor I absolutely adore (besides, of course, SRK). In spite of all those funny faces and noises he makes, or the fact that he's over 51. A friend of mine even compared him to Jim Carrey. Bleh. I still love him.

4. Domino's Pizza. That's a pretty recent one on the list of my top loves. It would suffice to say that I could survive on their pizzas, with some garlic bread and pastas thrown in sometimes, for as long as I had to. But alas, if only wishes were horses.

5. My city - Delhi. I was wondering today, how it'd feel to relocate to some other city or another country. And the first thing that popped up in my mind was that I'll miss this city. For all of its so-called rude and indifferent ways and the traffic and pollution, I love it and cannot live far from it for long. That said, I think I'll dedicate a whole new post to describe my love for Delhi.

6. Animals. Let's just say I'm a little more partial to dogs (I adore them like anything!) but I love all of them - cows, birds, monkeys, tigers, all! I used to feed and play with wild cats in my verandah as a kid, once even housed a little injured puppy. If only mom allowed me, I'd keep a whole fleet of dogs at home. Such a lovely prospect!

7. Coffee! How could I forget that! I am a coffeeholic. And a good coffee-maker too, or rather trying to be one. Love to come up with new ways to prepare it. Ah, a true gastronomic delight!

8. Monuments and history. They transport me to another world altogether. And with my city being replete with centuries old monuments and gardens and a long history behind each of them, it's a blissful existence for me.

9. I reserved this last but most important slot for all those people/things that make me who I am, and whom I love the most - my parents, my extra-huge family and all the fun gatherings we have (they're awesome), my few friends who've always proved to be a true blessing in my life, music(it's ingrained into my very existence) and a special slot for my best friend Rose. She makes life worth wishing for a thousand rebirths.

Of course I cannot cover all my life's loves here, as they are way too many. The ones I mentioned above just make the top nine. Everybody has a long list of the things/people they love, cherish or cannot live without. I'd love to read about yours. Do share them below! :)


(This post is a part of The 10 Day YOU Challenge I earlier mentioned taking up.)

15 comments:

  1. An Admirer

    I so totally relate to this 9 love post. I love books. They have been my first love ever since I could make out pictures. The alphabet would come much later! :-)

    I so passionately read comics, progressed to Enid Blyton and then mainstream authors who wrote minuscule small print and like 1000 pgs and above.
    I download movies 24x7. Love Hugh Grants sarcastic humour. The way he does is unmatched.

    Delhi is awesome with the best of whole India, and yeah I recently got into love with domino's. I had sort of given up on pizzas at one time but been gorging on them every week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally i got to know some interesting things about u that'll surely help in future :P btw the best was Animals part :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. An Admirer

    and something I forgot to add onto my prev. I love history. When I was at school, I never cribbed abt rote learning it... It just comes so naturally. even now I love to read historical anecdotes.

    And am a dedicated coffee lover. Its the one drink that keeps me alive and cheers me up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Admirer,
    It's interesting to know how very similar our loves in life are. :)
    I gorge on domino's food like twice every week, sometimes even more. I love the way Hugh Grant talks, that typical way of his which I could recognize blind folded. And the way you described all these things was real good. Better than my description in fact. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keshav,
    Thank you. But ye to sirf trailer tha, picture abhi baki hai mere dost. :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Angel,

    Nice post!! Quite a many thing about you. :)
    But I feel you missed someone and I am surprised at that.

    Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous,
    Thank you. :)
    Now you've had me wondering for the last 5 minutes. Who is it that I missed? God? I missed him because he is there in every aspect, every minute of my existence, and I didn't think mentioning him in this blogpost is necessary to show my love for him. :)
    And if it is you, my readers, who I missed, then rest assured, 'coz I include you in my friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Angel,

    That was seriously amazing. It was God. As far as I know you, I thought you are a very spiritual person. And that made me wonder why you didn't include God in this post.

    Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous,

    Hmmm...very well observed. Now you know the kind of spirituality I follow. :)

    Angel

    ReplyDelete
  10. Angel,

    Yes, now I know. Hence, part fulfillment of the purpose of this challenge. :)

    Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous,

    Exactly! Well pointed out, yet again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The things a person loves can tell you lot about a person! And this series is getting more and more exciting! By the end of it .. I think I'll know you all ;)

    Well written :)

    Oh yes! I love Delhi too! :P

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amar,

    Love to see your excitement! Jaldi jaldi se go through the remaining posts too, I wanna hear more flattery! :D

    P.S. Thank you, as usual! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm with you on books, animals, pizza, coffee (cold coffee with ice cream please) and the family.

    I do quite like Delhi in comparison to Bombay but I love London & Dubai far too much :)

    History and me do not get along :P I gave up studying History after 8th Grade and chose to study Business & Economics instead :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dazediva,

    Strong cold coffee with ice cream, indeed! :D

    And since I haven't been outside of the country as yet, I'll just have to suffice with loving Delhi for now. :P

    You know what, I take the liberty of thinking that you're gonna like this particular post of mine to which I've given a link below. Following you for so long has given me an idea of the kind of thoughts you hold, and this might just appeal to you. :)

    http://welcometomyparadise-angel.blogspot.com/2011/04/ladies-coach-in-delhi-metro-seriously.html

    ReplyDelete