Blogger Pages

Tuesday 27 September 2011

The End of a mini Era

I admit that was a little dramatic. But I couldn't think of a more suitable title!! In a way, these last ten days have been a mini era for my blog, and for my growth as a blogger. And at last it comes to an end today. And what could have been more apt to end it with but the ultimate glimpse at who I am? The real me? Nothing I could have thought of.

As opposed to all the previous posts where I've claimed to have had a hard time selecting what to include and what not to, it can be safely assumed that this one was the hardest. Come on, a picture of mine? On my blog? Ah yes, I should mention here (because many of my recent followers might not know it) that till some time ago, I used to blog anonymously, under the pseudonym of "Angel". Why this choice of pen name you wonder? Because some people who've always mattered the most in my life had taken to calling me by that name with love. Angel. Doesn't it bring a smile to everyone's face? It sure does to mine. :)


Now for the thing my readers have been waiting for till now. A glimpse of the person they've been reading for the last I donno how many days or weeks or even more. Here we go then!


Did I hear a laugh somewhere? Haha..well, yes, that's me. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT miss the hint of a hidden smirk/smile/grin/whatever that is showing behind the glass! ;)

Okay, with that accomplished, the 10 Day YOU Challenge officially and sadly enough, stands completed. I hereby declare with all solemnity and pride that I have managed to complete the challenge to the entire (I hope) satisfaction of myself and my readers. And that though I am sad it's over, I am also glad that I was able to pull it off, and super glad that it received such widespread support and appreciation. A heartfelt thanks to each and every person who has read me, ever, and to those who are gonna do so in the future - here's to you too! Cheers! :D


But with every end comes a new beginning. Of something better, or maybe something worse. In my case, I hope to start off with a good thing, now that this 10 Day YOU Challenge has come to an end. Going forward with that, I have taken a vow to blog regularly this day onward, that is, at least twice a week. It isn't very easy to manage what with college, classes, my laziness and stuff. But as the age-old saying goes, 'Where there is a will, there is a way!'

So here I am, on this 13th birthday of dear old (or young?) Google, signing off with a light heart and a wide smile on my face and a winking eye. Take care folks, and keep the feedback and love coming in! I live by it!

20 comments:

  1. Angel,

    Loved the title. It's indeed the end of a mini era. The last ten days passed so quickly but provided great insights into your personality. It was really great to know the person whom we read. Congratulations to you for completing the challenge and that too so perfectly. Every post was a reader's haven. I hope you'll keep on writing the same way, always. :)

    Coming to the last post, it is similar to the old ones but at the same time altogether different. Unlike the previous posts, it is not complete. You seriously know how to create the sense of excitement amongst the readers. Just like the previous posts, it has left the readers asking for more. ;) Anyways, it is a nice pic. It made me remember one of my first comments on your blog. "I've fallen in love with you just by looking at your display picture." ;)
    Keep writing. Take care. :)

    Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous,

    Thank you so much!! But you indeed fan me too much. I don't find anything really special in my blogs. Just random stuff that comes to my mind served to you in a little humorous and crazy way. You are too generous on me. :)

    And I didn't know I had the ability to keep my readers asking for more. Wow. Thank you again!

    As for the pic, it is one of my pics that I find cute in a very crazy sort of way. And the last line took my breath away (for a millisecond). You do have a way to floor people like I've rarely seen elsewhere. Keep the charming comments coming! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angel,

    Well, that is my choice. If I would not have found your blog good enough, I'd not have followed it. I know you write random stuff in your blog posts. But there is something in your writing which grabs the attention of the readers and makes the entire experience enthralling. :)

    Moreover I don't follow your blog to gain some knowledge or to learn something theoretical. The main motives are to enjoy reading and learn something about life. And believe me, both of them are getting fulfilled nicely! Therefore I find no reason not to appreciate your work. :)

    Thanks,
    Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Mahima ! I guess you wouldn't mind if I call you that... it's kinda like the desi version of "angel" and as it turns out... its your real name as well ! :) ;)

    I like the way you love words ! You know exactly what words to use for any given context to express what you feel... and moreover get the same expression from readers ! I suck at that !!!! ( as u might have already realized ;))

    Now that I am done with all the praises... time to start with the suggestions... oh wait... i have none.. not yet ! so to wrap it up... keep writing and keep it light 'n simple just the way you do it...!

    Cheers ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous,

    Thank you so much, once again, for dispelling any doubts I've had regarding my writing and my follower base. Trust me, it is an honor to be appreciated thus. I am gratified. :)

    P.S. Aap explain bohot acha karte hain. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kishore,

    Thank you so much for dropping by! And for all that high and mighty praise you just showered on me :)

    I never knew my name implied an 'angel' in any language of the world, let alone English. But glad to know at least someone thinks so :D

    Your blog is awesome, as is your writing style. Your expression, unlike what you think, is really great. (Or is it that you underestimate yourself before people so that they can praise you? :P)

    But I guess I've already told you what I think about it, in that 'feedback-cum-introductory-cum-friendly banter letter. ;)

    And rest assured, just like the appreciation, advice and criticism are equally invited here! I'll be glad to have you opinion. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kya yaar, this is not done. I mean I was waiting for this day. One picture of yourself. Wasn't it supposed to be *that* one picture of yours? Aur tune apni ek puraani pic upload kar di. This ain't fair. Retake the challenge (just the last post :P).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just one word : Awesomeness :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Arun,

    Kya hai? "Which" picture were you waiting for, may I know? Jo daali hai theek hai. Usi mein khush reh. :P

    And anyway what's it to you? You've seen me alright. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Angel,

    Well what can I say about that? It's your blog, your choice. But yaar ye wali pic to dekhi hui thi. I thought tu koi special pic daalegi. Some unseen pic of yours.

    So what if I have seen you, a great picture is always nice to watch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Arun,

    True that.
    But I won't go into a discussion on this topic here. Hope you understand. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Angel,

    The moment of disappointment when I come to your blog and see no new post. :(

    Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous,

    I haven't been keeping well lately. Common cold can be very taxing sometimes, not letting you do anything at all properly. I am literally dragging myself through college assignments, files and stuff, most of the time not even attending college. But I'll come up with my next post ASAP. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Angel,

    I didn't mean to complain. Anyways, hope you are better now. Concentrate on your college. You can write later as well. Your posts are worth the wait. :)
    Get well soon!!
    Take care.

    Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've read all your 10 posts today; so decided to leave the major comment till the end :)

    Its great to see how you have revealed yourself to your readers and you have a lovely writing style. As Amar put it, it can make one feel like you are talking to them :)

    We have a lot of similarities in terms of our likes - especially when it comes to books and photography and pizza :)

    I'm glad my blog posts on this challenge inspired you to do the same. Whenever I get around to another challenge, I'll drop you a note so you can participate too :)

    p.s. I might have been a bit harsh on your 2 anonymous blog commentators based on how they reacted to your 1st post; but they behaved throughout the rest of the era posts so I will (kinda) take it back heheh

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous,

    I am fine now, with the last signs of the flu almost ebbing. Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dazediva,

    I'm so glad you dropped by and read through all of them. After all I have YOU to thank for letting me in on such a wonderful challenge. :)

    It is even greater that you like my writing. Thank you so much. I have been following your blog for quite a long time now (you might want to check yourself out here: http://welcometomyparadise-angel.blogspot.com/p/what-i-read.html) and so I know we have somewhat similar tastes and thoughts in some areas.

    I'd love to be notified of any new challenges or exciting contests that you get to know of. I'll do the same too. :)

    And as regards my two anonymous followers, they've been two of my best critics ever, and follow me most religiously. And one always needs both appreciation and some dressing-down. So am glad they're here!

    ReplyDelete
  18. <3 <3 <3
    For the photograph! :*

    It is indeed end of an era. And I'm really looking for to the beginning of another. ;)

    - Rose

    ReplyDelete
  19. Rose
    Thank you! :)
    Eras will keep coming and going, you must only be there with me to experience them. ;)

    ReplyDelete