Blogger Pages

Monday 25 June 2012

Heart of Ice


I fall down every time
And I stand up again,
Looking into Destiny's eyes
I strengthen my resolve.
But I weep inside
Hiding from the world
I'm losing myself again
Can't see where I am.


Seasons change
But my winter refuses to melt
A heart set in ice takes
More than just love to break.

Just when I see the light
The wick runs out
And I try to endure
But fail to fill the hole within.
Seeing my power seep away
I've lost that flame
That kept me glowing
Fed my faith.

But the ashes live on
A faint hope remains
That my winters will melt
And the ice will break..

Image courtesy: happytea.deviantart.com

8 comments:

  1. I remember when I could write stuff like this...and I understand how this is not exactly a "gift". Btw this is an admirable piece of poetry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I myself couldn't have put it in words better than you just did. Thanks! But i truly believe you still can write as good as ever if you just empty your heart out on paper (or screen).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can so relate to what you wrote and as much as I feel good about you putting it so precisely in words, there's also a bad feeling which creeps in thinking that it's not such a good state to be in! But then, as I always say - It makes us stronger and also has earned us people we wouldn't have earned otherwise! :)

    Brilliant piece of work again kid!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Amar - True SB. You always read between the lines and come up with something good in everything. That's why I respect you so :)
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Indrajit - Thank you :)
    Do check out the handful of my other pieces if you like poetry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely lines :).. I wish i could be this good in writing English poems as well :/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Amul :)
    Everyone has their own unique talent..like I can't write as good Hindi poetry as you do. :)

    ReplyDelete