Blogger Pages

Friday 23 September 2011

Five Finger-lickin' Foods I Love


So it's about food today, huh? Now that's something real fun to talk about. And unlike what you might be expecting from me right now, I'd only say five is a perfect number for listing down my favorite foods. Why? Because I am a very moody person when it comes to eating. Most of the time, hardly anything even worth being called 'food' impresses me except for candy and chocopies. But they do not qualify as food (or do they?) Although I must here mention, I have been taught since childhood to eat (and finish) anything I am served, and not to throw any tantrums about it. So that's what I do, whether I like it or not. But there are barely around five things that I really love to eat anytime, anywhere, and I enlist them here.


1. Pizza. That's a re-mention, I know, because I've already expressed my love for pizzas earlier. They qualify as my love-to-have-anytime-anywhere-for-any-number-of-days food. And it's been so ever since the time I started frequenting the Domino's near my college very regularly, though I don't remember when this love affair started.

2. Selected fruits. I love mangoes and pineapple a lot, followed by litchi and apples. But then, barring a few, I like all fruits. They're nothing glamorous or list-worthy about them per se, but they make my list of foods that I can have anytime, in almost any mood, if I'm hungry.

3. Picnik. (LOL) That's a packaged finger food I've been in love with since I was a little kid. They're tomato-ey, tangy and very tasty (don't I sound a little cheeky-salesgirl-ish, saying that?) But they're a part of my childhood that I've carried on through my adolescence into my youth, and plan to continue the tradition for as long as they are in production.

4. South Indian Delicacies. Plain Dosa, Rawa Dosa and the plain ol' Idli Sambhar - I love these like anything. I know I don't have to be so specific with the details, but what the heck, they're yum.

5. Beverages. Yes, THAT is what rounds off my list of favorite foods. Not chinese, not intercontinental, not street food/golgappe or any of those usual bleh foods. As is common knowledge by now, I love coffee. And in addition to that, I like having ice teas, juices, fruit punches, milkshakes and eclectic combinations of any or all of these. :P


If there had been an option to specify what I don't like to eat, I'd have mentioned how spicy food is a complete no-no for me. I can handle bland, sweet or tasteless, but not spicy. You see how limited my gastronomic preferences are? So much, they make for a very boring blog post I say. One would even wonder how, on the one hand I say I am a foodie, and on the other I claim to not even like many kinds of foods. What do you say? And what do you like to eat? Share with me. :)

P.S. I am a vegetarian. By choice, that too.

13 comments:

  1. First things first. You are amazingly awesome to take up this challenge. Good going!! And best of luck. :)

    Second thing, Pizza Hut is better than Dominos. :D

    Third thing, you are missing something (read everything) by being a veggie by choice. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arun,

    Thank you. Good to have you back, finally! :)
    Pizza Hut and Dominos both have their own charm in my eyes. I cannot do without any one. ;)
    AND...I've been a non-vegetarian half of my life, so I know exactly what and how much I'm missing. And I'm unfazed. Rather proud to have made the choice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good that you made the choice. I was just kidding. It's all about personal preference. :)
    Btw, wasn't the post about 5 food *items* you like and not five categories of food?

    P.S. Back and the first one to comment!! Finally!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha. What a perfect sort of comeback, ain't it? :D
    And ummm I don't think I've mentioned anywhere that the post is about five food 'items' and not categories of food, have I? For that matter, even if I had, it wouldn't matter - I'd write what I like. My blog, my say. You have to put up with it. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, I was just asking that thing. I know it's your blog and therefore what we get to read is absolutely your choice. And you write so good that we are not left with any choice except to read you.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hehehe...good one, that. Thank you so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Angel,

    It's all about the choices and you have good choice as far as food is concerned. :)

    Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous,

    Thank you so much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haye..khana! <3
    This is the first thing that came to my mind after reading the title!

    No matter who you are, where you are, this is one word that makes you smile! FOOD!

    Any cuisine, I will try it. But that too, only once. Rest I don't eat 99 things out of 100 :P

    Eating a packet of picnic always transports me to the happy childhood of mine! I loved it too. :D

    I was expecting more specific "food" mention from you, but still, khana to khana hota hai yaar, or wo bhi jub pizza include kare :D

    Hugs,

    -Rose

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rose,

    Arrey yaar, you know what, just about NOTHING specific was coming to my mind while writing this post! Nothing at all! So I ended up including those five quirky things that I know I'd love, anyday anywhere! :D

    And your description of food is, what we all call, naice. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rose,

    Khaane ke naam pe itni excited ho gayi aur doosron ko "bhukhhad" bolti hai.. :P

    P.S.I hope you know who am I talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Arun,

    Yahan to mat shuru karo yaar uski ramayan. :P

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jaisi aapki ichcha Chaudhary ji!!! :D

    ReplyDelete